Are you looking for a place to stay while you’re enjoying geocaching, the beach, great food, and fun? There are plenty of options for you, including the Chautauqua Lodge and Convention Center in Long Beach. They served as the host for our annual geocaching events for all four years, and everyone who stayed with them enjoyed the accommodations and returned year after year. All rooms include free wifi, use of the indoor pool and hot tub, and pets and kids are welcome. The Lodge is at the edge of the dunes, a two minute walk to the beach with ocean views from the second and third floor rooms.
They have two options available to choose from:
Standard Hotel Rooms
- 2 queen or 1 king bed, full bath.
- All rooms include cable TV and coffeemaker. Second and third floor rooms also include microwave and mini fridge.
- Patio or balcony facing the ocean.
- Sleeps 4-6 in various configurations. Each unit has one private bedroom and two full bathrooms.
- Includes a kitchenette, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, cookware and dinnerware.
- Living area, two cable TV’s, patio or balcony facing the ocean.
The Long Beach area is pet-friendly, with miles of beach and dunes to explore off-leash. Bring your dog with you — he’ll love it! More information about visiting with your pet can be found here.
There are lots of other options for accommodations in the area, from high-end luxury condos to funky cottages, RV Parks, and more — all at affordable off-season rates during the event dates. A more complete listing can be found here.
The Long Beach Peninsula is famous for fresh seafood, so don’t pass up the opportunity to enjoy some while you’re here or take some home with you — fresh crab, oysters, clams, fish and more. Whether your taste is fine dining or street tacos, you’ll find some of the freshest and tastiest seafood around. Check out a few of the options here.